Brett Favre Jersey Burning



Oh Brett you have broken my heart
For you have committed treason and just had your first start
For the rival Vikings, our most hated foe
The feelings inside me bring me ever so low
You have left us forever, and not just our team
But for one last ditch effort, a Super Bowl dream
This will not be achieved; the Vikings are sure to falter
Your demise will be Sweetness, like some running back named Walter
You’ve left a hole in my heart, the size of two melons
To join a team full of crooks, sex boaters and felons
Your Green Bay legacy is gone, kaput, goodbye
I hope Atari Bigby destroys you, he is one tough guy
I have enjoyed your play, shot-gunned many a beer
Unfortunately now, you have tarnished your career
It irks me to see you in purple and horns
Almost like Jesus wearing his crown made of thorns
My hatred it grows like the national debt
The look in our eyes says your sorry, but oh no, not yet, Brett
All of my life your have been my team’s leader and quarterback
Now it is all over and I yearn for your career-ending sack
A new era has begun in my life and my heart opens anew
For a new quarterback named Rodgers who’s hoping to screw
All of your dreams and hopes and desires
Because in Green Bay we cannot stand fucking liars
So here I stand with your jersey and perspire
Ready to say adios, and throw it in the fire.

6 comments:

Tisha said...

I guess the lesson has been learned, don't cross a Packer fan.

Claire said...

You are a poet..now I know it. Oh how I yearn to have been there for the burn.

Barb said...

Seriously what is wrong with you Joseph kids. I swear you both need bibs, to hang in your crib, now I am just adlib........

you guys are wrong, but still live strong, bang a gong, i love king kong....

I am out of rymes plus time

Anonymous said...

Great poetry, Paul. Your English teachers would be very proud of you.

Hey Barb, I thought you were one those that were going to boo Favre when he came out in a purple #4. Waa, waa.

Barb said...

I am sooooo gonna boo Brent Farvey....what was his name again?

I with Paul, burn the jersey!

Scoot man said...

Paul, you make me proud. Just be glad you don't live in Purple Vikqueen land and have to listen to the Brent hype 24/7. Makes me want to set my head on a curb and have it kicked a few times. Loved the video!